Joanna Niccalā Swiecka
Acupuncture & Classical Chinese Medicine
Joanna helps clients understand and work effectively with a range of long term health concerns. She combines a modern approach using systems biology and lab tests, with acupuncture and other natural medicine modalities.
- BSc (Hon) Chinese Medicine 2015
- AFMCP 2018
- Advanced Practitioner Training with the Institute for Functional Medicine (awaiting final exam)
- Master Practitioner Training, Great Planes Laboratory 2020
- Enrolled on Foundations of Integrative Oncology Practitioner Training, American Institute of Integrative Oncology
- British Acupuncture Council (BAcC)
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
Coming to the UK from Poland aged 19, Joanna worked with asylum seekers and refugees. She was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 2003. In her 30’s she spent four years at Amaravati Buddhist Monastery which gave rise to a desire to practice healing, meditation, and to live simply and ethically. She is pioneering a five-day Health Retreat to bring together all the strands of her practice including meditation and Qi Gong. She has been based in East London for over a decade, supports local affordable complementary medicine through her work at Pathways Trust and volunteering at St Joseph’s Hospice.
What Can I Expect During My First Consultation?
You will receive a Chinese Medicine and nutrition-based physical examination. The results will help us understand your body’s current nutritional status, overall health and drivers of your symptoms.
During the consultation I will also:
• Review any questionnaires you have been asked to complete at home
• Review and explain any test results and recommend further functional tests such as DNA, Urine Organic Acids, Food Allergy, Stool Tests, etc., if more data is needed
• Teach you the basic principles of functional and natural medicine
• Learn your health goals, limiting beliefs and encourage new ways of relating to your symptoms
• Recommend dietary changes, supplements, exercise or detoxification therapies as needed
• Give you simple effective therapies and practices you can do at home
Initial consultation usually lasts between 60-80 minutes. I recommend scheduling follow-up consultations to monitor your progress until we have arrived at a sustainable maintenance protocol for you.
I offer both on-site as well as long-distance consultations via Skype or phone call.
Studying with Classical Medicine lineage holders still practising in China. Understanding the impact of mycotoxicity, heavy metal and non-metal toxicity on cancer and neurological conditions.