Shelley specialises in Holistic, Deep Tissue and Sports Massage. These treatments help to alleviate bodily tension and pain, relieve stress, address postural and musculoskeletal issues and can induce a deep state or relaxation. Massage sessions are bespoke to the individual client and can combine techniques eg clients could choose deep tissue work on the upper back and a more relaxing holistic for the rest of the session.
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage
- IPTI Diploma Traditional Thai Yoga Massage
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage
- Gateway Certificate in Pregnancy Massage
- City Lit, Gateway, JING, CPDO, John Gibbons Certificates including Deep Tissue Massage, Advanced Massage Techniques, Myofascial Release, Japanese Facial Rejuvenation, Chair/ Seated Acupressure On Site Massage.
Complementary Therapists Association CThA
After seeing the many benefits of complementary therapies during her 12 years as a front line worker in social care/ mental health settings Shelley was inspired to become a professional massage therapist. Over the last 8 years she has worked in various Complementary Therapy clinics (including Neals Yard), corporate on site venues and volunteered for the Samaritans and MIND. During the massage session, this large skill-set coupled with Shelley’s commitment to holistic well-being support the unfolding of the body’s natural healing mechanisms of her clients.
“I have a special interest in the mind body connection and believe the body can be a great educator, that massage can bring awareness to the body, especially when we are in pain, stressed or are too in our heads. Self care and bodywork can be the first thing to go when we need them the most and the pandemic has made this especially challenging. Massage is simple, natural and powerful, it can help the body and the mind in so many ways.”