Functional Medicine in Bethnal Green, East London
The Functional Medicine Health Model
Functional Medicine is a systems biology–based approach that focuses on identifying and addressing the root cause of disease. Each symptom or diagnosis may be due to one of many contributing factors to an individual’s illness.
The Functional Medicine model is an individualised, patient-centered, science-based approach that empowers patients and practitioners to work together to uncover and address the underlying causes of disease and promote optimal wellness. It requires a detailed understanding of each patient’s genetic, biochemical, and lifestyle factors and leverages that data to direct personalised treatment plans. This is achieved by in-depth medical history intake, nutrition oriented physical examination, functional tests and building a strong therapeutic relationship between a patient and a practitioner.
By addressing root cause, rather than symptoms, your Functional Medicine practitioner focuses on identifying the complexity of disease in your specific case. As a result, Functional Medicine treatment targets the specific manifestations of disease in each individual.
Functional Medicine is a preventative as well as restorative approach to chronic illness.
- Homeopathic remedies use natural ingredients
- Homeopathy is safe so that even babies and pregnant women can use it without dangerous side effects.
- Homeopathy is a holistic treatment looking at all symptoms as one, which means that it looks to resolve the cause, not just the symptoms.
- Homeopathy works with your immune system, unlike some conventional medicines that suppress the immune system or burden it.
- Homeopathy is a complementary therapy that can be taken safely alongside other medication
Our Functional Medicine Practitioner